City of Urbandale Tennis & Pickleball Courts are open to the public FREE of charge except at times where there are court reservations. A schedule of reservations is posted at all tennis court locations. Please honor these exceptions. Pickleball court reservations are not accepted.
- Court Courtesy: Please limit open play to 1 hour if others are waiting to play.
- The park closes daily at 10:30 p.m.
- Urbandale Tennis courts (with Pickleball lines) are located at Walker Johnston Park (9000 Douglas Avenue), Lions Park (72nd Street and Aurora Avenue), and South Karen Acres Park (77th Street and Roseland).
- Pickleball Courts are located at Walker Johnston Park at 9000 Douglas Avenue.
- If you have any questions, please contact Urbandale Parks & Recreation at 515-278-3963.
Tennis and pickleball court nets will be taken down for the season on Thursday, November 10, 2022. Nets will be put back up next Spring, as weather allows.
6/18/21 NOTICE: The demolition and reconstruction of Valerius Elementary School began late June 2021. The parking lot access from Valerius to Walker Johnston Park will be closed off until the project is completed in 2023. Parking for Walker Johnston Tennis Courts is available on the north side of the courts.
Urbandale Parks and Recreation Tennis Lesson Weather Cancellation Policy:
Lessons will be cancelled if it is raining, the courts are wet, or have standing water. Rain out days will be made up on Friday of that week the lesson was missed. Please call the Parks and Recreation office at 515-278-3963 if you have questions.