Climbing the Curve
Climbing the Curve - A Virtual Climbing Challenge
Have you ever thought of climbing Mount Rainier in Washington or reaching the summit of Denali in Alaska? Urbandale Parks and Recreation has come up with a great way to check those off your list without leaving the metro. The Climbing Competition begins on June 29 and ends August 9. Register at any time during the competition (but register by July 16 to be eligible for a t-shirt)!
What is a Virtual Challenge?
A virtual challenge is a challenge that can be accomplished from any location and any workout you choose. You can run, walk, jog, follow a workout video, lift weights in your basement, etc. As long as you stay active, you’ll conquer the challenge!
The rules are simple:
Registration is online and the cost is $20/person, and $5 from every registration will go to the UCAN to help with their COVID relief efforts. The first 50 people to register will receive a free one day pass to Climb Iowa. The pass will be included when you receive your t-shirt.
- Run, walk, jog, lift weights, etc. on your own time at your own pace
- Keep track of each minute you are active! Download the log here and record the number of minutes you exercise and the feet of elevation you have climbed
- Summit a new mountain each week. There is a new mountain to climb each week and you must finish climbing one mountain before you can get to the next.
- Answer the trivia question related to each of the six mountains. These questions must be answered and returned to Urbandale Parks and Recreation along with your completed activity tracking sheet to be eligible for the 1st or 2nd place prizes.
- Connect with us and other participants by tagging your photos @UrbandaleParksandRec on Facebook and Instagram
- Submit your activity log between August 9 - August 12, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 3600 86th Street, Urbandale, IA, 50322.
- Turn in your completed activity tracking sheet to be eligible to win prizes!
- 1st place prize = $150 to the Urbandale restaurant of your choice
- 2nd place = $75 to the Urbandale restaurant of your choice.
- (Prizes will be randomly drawn from completed activity tracking sheets.)
- Each participant who signs up by July 16 will receive a Climbing the Curve t-shirt!
How to get your shirt (available after August 13):
Option 1: Choose the shipping option during registration and we will ship the t-shirt to you after August 13. Shipping is available for an additional $8. If registering for more than one person, you only pay one $8 shipping charge.
Option 2: Pick up your t-shirt at the Urbandale Parks and Recreation office after August 13: 3600 86th Street, Urbandale, IA, 50322.