Nearly 2,000 businesses call Urbandale "home". These businesses take advantage of the great access offered in Urbandale.
Urbandale provides exceptional access to:
- Hundreds of acres of development-ready land with dual interstate visibility/access
- A coast-to-coast and border-to-border transportation network via seven I-35/80 interchanges
- A low city tax rate and highly-valued services
- Flexible tax rebates for development projects
- Engaged city officials committed to economic development
- A strong network of local businesses
The competitive business climate coupled with unparalleled resources has created an environment where industry thrives. Key industries in Urbandale are listed below.
Iowa Workforce Development partnered with several cities to create detailed reports of workforce data for key industries in Urbandale, Johnston, & Grimes. Click here to learn more.
The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) and the Greater Des Moines Partnership (GDMP) provide additional information about Iowa's key industries. Follow the links to access this info.