Shelter & Facility Rentals
The City offers open air shelters in over 19 parks and also offers enclosed shelters at 3 parks. The 3 enclosed shelters and many of the open air shelters are available for rent. For specific information on time slots, fees, rules, and regulations, please select the facility of the left side of this page in the blue box.
Open Air Shelters: (Those with " * " are available for rent)
- Acadia Park, 4655 Centennial Boulevard
- Ashleaf Park, 3934 Mary Lynn Drive
- *Barrett Boesen Park*, 5301 156th Street
- Bent Creek Ridge Park, 146th Street and Plum Drive
- Bestland Park, 91st Street and Meredith Drive
- *Bishop Family Shelter*, Mary Lynn Drive and Sherry Lane (Dunlap Arboretum)
- *Charles Gabus Memorial Tree Park*, 3520 86th Street
- Coronado Park, Eula Drive and Sandler Drive
- Days Run Park, 124th Street and Tanglewood Drive
- Deer Ridge West Park, 145th Street and Sheridan Avenue
- Hallbrook Park, 14747 Dellwood Drive
- Lakeview Park, 80th Street and Aurora Avenue
- *Lions Centennial*, 4151 72nd Street
- *Lions Gazebo*, 72nd Street and Aurora Avenue
- *Murphy Park*, 67th Street and Urbandale Avenue
- *Rocklyn Park*, 70th Street and New York Avenue
- Sharon Heights Park, 4624 78th Street
- South Karen Acres Park, 2809 77th Street
- *Walker Johnston Park*, 3740 86th Street
- *Walnut Creek Regional*, (Small) 4400 Walnut Creek Park Road
- *Walnut Creek Regional*, (Large) 4100 Walnut Creek Park Road
- Ralph Whitten Shelter - Lions Park, 72nd Street and Aurora Avenue
- Giovannetti Community Shelter - Walker Johnston Park, 8900 Douglas Avenue
- Community Room - Senior Recreation Center, 7305 Aurora Avenue
When can I rent?
All customers (Urbandale residents and non-Urbandale residents) are able to reserve our 3 enclosed facilities (Lions, Giovannetti, and the Community Room), 365 days in advance through our online reservation system.
Reservations are available for open air shelters April 15 through October 15. When open air shelters are not reserved, they are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations for open shelters for the following year open up each year in late November.
For information on time slots, fees, rules and regulations, please select the facility on the left side of this page in the blue box.
Mobile Food Vendors / Food Trucks during Private Facility Rentals
If you are utilizing a mobile food vendor / food truck(s) during your private facility rental through Urbandale Parks & Recreation, your food vendor must contact the Urbandale Fire Marshal at 515-278-3970 for an onsite inspection. (This must be scheduled in advanced for the day of the rental).
Renter assumes ALL responsibility and liability of food vendor(s) / food truck(s) at their rental. Food Trucks should be licensed, carry adequate insurance, and pass a fire inspection. Renters are responsible for the collection and retention of this information for their benefit.
Vendors can set-up and operate only during the scheduled hours of the rental and provide their own necessary utilities. Vendors must park in a designated parking stall (lined parking space in parking lot). More than 2 mobile food vendors during your rental requires permission from the Urbandale Parks and Recreation Department.
Credit/Debit Card Service Fees - effective January, 2019
Please be aware that a non-refundable credit/debit card service fee of 3.95% applies to all in-office and over-the phone credit/debit card transactions with the City of Urbandale (including Parks and Recreation). To avoid the credit card transaction fee, simply pay on you own device, or you can also pay by check or cash in office. Watch our website for further updates. Thank you!