Shelter & Facility Rentals
The City offers open air shelters in thirteen parks and also offers enclosed shelters at three parks. The City offers eight of the open air shelters and the three enclosed shelters for rent.
Open Air Shelters: (Those with " * " are available for rent)
- Ashleaf Park, 3934 Mary Lynn Drive
- Bestland Park, 91st Street and Meredith Drive
- *Bishop Family Shelter*, Mary Lynn Drive and Sherry Lane (Dunlap Arboretum)
- *Charles Gabus Memorial Tree Park*, 3520 86th Street
- Coronado Park, Eula Drive and Sandler Drive
- Days Run Park, 124th Street and Tanglewood Drive
- Hallbrook Park, 14747 Dellwood Drive
- Lakeview Park, 80th Street and Aurora Avenue
- *Lions Centennial*, 4151 72nd Street
- *Lions Gazebo*, 72nd Street and Aurora Avenue
- *Murphy Park*, 67th Street and Urbandale Avenue
- *Rocklyn Park*, 70th Street and New York Avenue
- South Karen Acres Park, 2809 77th Street
- *Walker Johnston Park*, 3740 86th Street
- *Walnut Creek Regional*, 4400 Walnut Creek Regional Park Access Road
- Ralph Whitten Shelter - Lions Park, 72nd Street and Aurora Avenue
- Giovannetti Community Shelter - Walker Johnston Park, 8900 Douglas Avenue
- Community Room - Senior Recreation Center, 7305 Aurora Avenue
When can I rent?
Starting January 5, 2021, all customers (residents of Urbandale and non-residents of Urbandale) were able to reserve ALL rental facilities (outdoor Open-Air Shelters, and Enclosed Facilities) ONLINE.
Also, starting Tuesday, January 5, 2021, all customers were able to reserve our 3 enclosed facilities (Lions, Giovannetti, and the Community Room), 365 days in advance through our online registration system.
Mobile Food Vendors / Food Trucks during Private Facility Rentals
If you are utilizing a mobile food vendor / food truck(s) during your private facility rental through Urbandale Parks & Recreation, your food vendor must contact the Urbandale Fire Marshal at 515-278-3970 for an onsite inspection. (This must be scheduled in advanced for the day of the rental).
Renter assumes ALL responsibility and liability of food vendor(s) / food truck(s) at their rental. Food Trucks should be licensed, carry adequate insurance, and pass a fire inspection. Renters are responsible for the collection and retention of this information for their benefit.
Vendors can set-up and operate only during the scheduled hours of the rental and provide their own necessary utilities. Vendors must park in a designated parking stall (lined parking space in parking lot). More than 2 mobile food vendors during your rental requires permission from the Urbandale Parks and Recreation Department.
Credit/Debit Card Service Fees - effective January, 2019
Please be aware that a non-refundable credit/debit card service fee of 3.95% applies to all in-office and over-the phone credit/debit card transactions with the City of Urbandale (including Parks and Recreation). To avoid the credit card transaction fee, simply pay by check or cash in office. Watch our website for further updates. Thank you!