This page is provided as a source for employee information. It is a place to find information useful to you as an employee, and to provide an avenue for greater electronic communication from the city to it’s staff.
Employee HR Portal
- Link to access the Employee HR Portal Login (from work or from home)
- Employee HR Portal: Account Set Up & FAQ
Employee Handbook: This handbook version dated 1/1/2024 and the policies and procedures contained herein supersede any and all prior practices, oral or written representations, or statements regarding the terms and conditions of my employment with the City of Urbandale by distributing this handbook, the city expressly revokes any and all previous policies and procedures that are inconsistent with those contained herein.
Link to: Safety Incident Report Form
Employee Performance Evaluation
City’s Non-Union Salary Schedule
- Non-Union Salary Schedule, Fiscal Year 2023-2024 approved by Council
- Non-Union Salary Schedule, Fiscal Year 2022-2023 approved by Council
Collective Bargaining Contracts
- Fire Union - IAFF, Local 4
- Labor Union - LiUNA, Local 177 (2021-2024 contract)
- Labor Union - LiUNA Local 177 (2024-2029 contract)
- Police Union - Teamsters, Local 238
The City of Urbandale values the opportunity to provide information that is professional, informative, open, proactive, and on-brand to residents and stakeholders. To do that well, we have developed this Communications Guide (PDF). A Communications Guide does many things. It primarily helps us ensure that our community is well informed by promoting awareness of events, programs, initiatives, services, and opportunities in Urbandale.