Finance & Records
The Finance and Records Department manages the financial integrity of the city. Under the direction of the City Clerk, the department maintains accurate and current records of all of the official proceedings.
Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
The CIP document represents the city's multi-year plan for the maintenance and improvement of the publicly owned infrastructure. The CIP prioritizes the city's maintenance needs for the park, bridge, sidewalk, storm sewer, street, traffic signal, and water systems. It also outlines the improvement and replacement needs for the city's public buildings, major equipment, and information technology.
Review the CIP documents for more details:
- 2019 - 2024 Capital Improvements Plan - Modified by Committee
- CIP meeting minutes (11.27.18) - Subject to Approval
- CIP meeting minutes (11.19.18) - Subject to Approval
- 2019-2024 Capital Improvements Plan - Recommended
- 2018-2023 Capital Improvements Plan - Adopted January 16, 2018
- Previous CIP Documents
Review the CAFR documents for more information:
The CAFR is a complete set of audited financial statements for the City of Urbandale. The report is published each year, for fiscal year ended June 30th. The CAFR includes all governmental activities, organizations, and functions controlled by or dependent upon the City.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- FY2017-2018 CAFR - Fiscal year ending June 30, 2018
- Audit Report Release - Fiscal year ending June 30, 2018
- Previous CAFR Documents
The city's annual budget represents the city's operating plan for that fiscal year, July 1st to June 30th. It is prepared in conformance with the Code of Iowa and the city's fiscal performance goals.
Review the Annual Budget documents for more information:
Complete financial data can be obtained in any of the documents listed above. For more information, please contact the Finance and Records Department at 515-278-3900 or via email.