Finance & Records
Application Period Open: External Funding Requests
The Mayor and City Council considers funding requests from community and external organizations when it develops the annual operating budget for the upcoming fiscal year (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023). Any awards made under this policy are applicable for the fiscal year granted only, and expire at the close of the fiscal year. Download the funding request form here, and review the policy here.
About the Finance Department
The Finance and Records Department manages the financial integrity of the city. Under the direction of the City Clerk, the department maintains accurate and current records of all of the official proceedings.
The official source of the City of Urbandale, Iowa’s municipal disclosure and market data may be found at the Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) website at https://emma.msrb.org/
Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
The CIP document represents the city’s multi-year plan for the maintenance and improvement of the publicly owned infrastructure. The CIP prioritizes the city’s maintenance needs for the park, bridge, sidewalk, storm sewer, street, traffic signal, and water systems. It also outlines the improvement and replacement needs for the city’s public buildings, major equipment, and information technology.
Review the CIP documents for more details:
- 2022-2027 Capital Improvements Plan (PDF) - Recommended
- 2022-2027 Capital Improvements Program Meeting Minutes (PDF) - November 15, 2021 - DRAFT
- Capital Improvements Program 2022-2027+ Presentation Slides - https://maps.urbandale.org/cip2022/
- 2021-2026 Capital Improvements Plan (PDF) - Adopted January 12, 2021
- 2020-2025 Capital Improvements Plan (PDF) - Adopted January 14, 2020
- Previous CIP Documents
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
The CAFR is a complete set of audited financial statements for the City of Urbandale. The report is published each year, for fiscal year ended June 30th. The CAFR includes all governmental activities, organizations, and functions controlled by or dependent upon the City.
Review the CAFR documents for more information:
- FY2020-2021 CAFR - Fiscal year ending June 30, 2021 (PDF)
- FY2019-2020 CAFR - Fiscal year ending June 30, 2020 (PDF)
- Previous CAFR Documents
The city’s annual budget represents the city’s operating plan for that fiscal year, July 1st to June 30th. It is prepared in conformance with the Code of Iowa and the city’s fiscal performance goals.
Review the Annual Budget documents for more information:
- FY2021-22 Budget (PDF) - Adopted on March 23, 2021
- FY2020-21 Budget (PDF) - Adopted on March 10, 2020
- FY2019-20 Budget (PDF) - Adopted on March 12, 2019
- Previous Budgets
The upcoming fiscal year 2021-2022 total City proposed tax levy will be $10.11 (which includes $8.57 shown in the image, plus the Debt Service levy of $1.54). This is a .05 cent decrease from last year's tax levy:
- Max Levy Hearing Notice (PDF)
Complete financial data can be obtained in any of the documents listed above. For more information, please contact the Finance and Records Department at 515-278-3900 or via email.