At various times throughout the year, the Mayor issues proclamations or resolutions to honor or recognize an event, period of time, or significant moment. All proclamations and recognitions are subject to approval by the Mayor.
You can submit your proclamation request below, and you'll need to include draft language for your proclamation. The City may modify, edit, or otherwise amend the proposed proclamation. Proclamations from the Mayor should recognize, celebrate, and honor organizations, events, or individuals and/or help to raise awareness of issues for the residents of Urbandale, Iowa. Before requesting a proclamation, please note:
- Residents, businesses, organizations, and other entities with a strong community affiliation may request a proclamation.
- Please submit requests at least 30 days in advance to have the best chance of your request moving forward.
- The Mayor may honor multiple events, organizations, or individuals on the same day, week, and month.
- The Mayor reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation.
- If your request is accepted, you will be notified via email, and you (or a representative from your organization) should be present at the Council meeting to receive the proclamation.
- You can submit your proclamation request using this online form.