Fire Department
Home
Mission Statement
History of the Department
Office of the Fire Chief
Office of the Fire Marshal
Training Division
Hot Topics
Employment Opportunities
Fire Operations
UFD Staff
Monte Burr Memorial Garden
Photo Gallery
Kids Section
Contact Us
Links
Members Only

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: 
From the National Fire Safety Council, Inc.    
   
Symptoms can mimic a common cold, a hangover, food poisoning, depression, sea sickness, intoxication or the flu (without body ache or fever).  Look for patterns.  Symptoms may disappears when away from the house (or vehicle)and reappear when you return.  See if others, including pets, suffer the same symptoms at the same time. 

Seek medical attention if you suffer from any of the following:    

  • Dizziness, ringing in the ears
  • Blurred vision, burning eyes
  • Intoxicated appearance
  • Persistent throbbing headaches
  • Tightness across the forehead
  • Pale skin
  • Nausea and or vomiting
  • Confusion, disorientation, loss of muscle control
  • Fainting, unconsciousness
  • Fatigue, never feeling rested, sleepiness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain (angina) when exercising
  • Rapid heartbeat/pulse, fluttering or throbbing heart, tightening of the chest

CO poisoning is especially toxic to infants and children; a pregnant woman and her child; the elderly; smokers; people with anemia, coronary or respiratory problems; and people with immune system disease.   

Home Safety
Emergency Safety
Home Fire Drills
Burns at Home Prevention
Help the Fire Department
CODE RED - Emergency Communication System
Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) Gas Pipe
Celebrate YOUR Birthday with the Urbandale Fire Dept!
View All
City of Urbandale! | 3600 86th Street, Urbandale, Iowa 50322 | 515.278.3900 | Site Map
©2014 City of Urbandale. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Disclaimer | Website developed by DWebware