Pet Licenses?
All dogs and cats, 6 months of age or older, must have a WestPet license. License renewals are accepted January 1st through April 30th each year. May 1st and later a renewal license is charged a late fee of $25. Licenses for a new dog or cat, if licensed within 30 days of the new pet, are not subject to a late fee. For licensing questions, please call WestPet at 515-273-0651.

License Fees:
Altered Cat - $17 Intact Cat - $24
Altered Dog - $19 Intact Dog - $29

Licenses must be submitted with a copy of a rabies certificate and proof of being spayed/neutered, if applicable.

About WestPet - The cities of Clive, Urbandale and West Des Moines are partners in an entity known as WestPet, for the purposes of animal control and pet licensing. More information on WestPet and licensing information can be found at WestPet

Show All Answers

1. Open Burning?
2. How do I contact Animal Control?
3. How do I make a payment using my credit card?
4. Peddlers & Solicitors?
5. Municipal Code?
6. When do I need a Building Permit?
7. Pet Licenses?
8. How do I become a Home Based Iowa Business?